Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The ToothFairy's Letter

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
editmeplease
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by editmeplease » September 3, 2008, 5:28 pm

Dear Ryce,
“One of my teeth is moving,” you announced as you were arriving from school. It cannot be denied. Yes, you are growing fast, while I was lagging behind.
I have meant to write this when you were yet to be born. In fact, I did start a letter for you then. But it felt silly writing to an unborn child whose capabilities are yet to be known. Life is too full of uncertainties to bet too much on assumptions; yet I am sure you would come out perfect.
Before you turned one I thought of writing you, but I found no time to fit it in--- how with all those first-child’s-first-birthday preparations mothers made themselves busy with. You have seen the proofs.
When you entered nursery, I thought of starting a letter anew. But it doesn’t feel right writing to a child who knows a few letters but cannot read, besides, our days and nights are too busy then --- Rain was a one year old girl who was growing-up peskier by the day. Oh, how I loved you both that I’d rather hold you in my arms than hold a pen to write.
You started to read as Rayver was starting to walk. Now, is the time for that letter I thought, and started pounding on the keyboard. I knew not what to write.
I cannot put it aside anymore…
Yesterday, as we were watching your favorite hero, you also have many books about practicing how to read. A few years from now, you might chance upon this, and you will find out who is the Tooth Fairy all along…and for all its introductions and pretensions, this letter is nothing more than a mother saying: “Son, you are growing big, and how fast. There are so many things that I want to tell you --- but it has only come to this: I love you, no matter what; teeth, hair, and all; even when they start to grow or fall…”
mother

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » September 5, 2008, 4:44 am

That's just beautiful :)
It reminds me of these words that I wrote last year for my son, who is 21 this month!

Timewarp
Today, as I watched the big, strong man that is my son sit down – tired, wet and covered in dust and plaster – to unlace his work boots, time flipped backwards almost 20 years and, for a split second, I was holding one tiny newborn foot, counting his toes and marvelling at their soft, pink perfection.

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » September 7, 2008, 9:16 am

You are both so beautiful, editme and Mammy.
Yes it all comes down to "I love you", but oh how time races by ... I know, being already a grandmother of two sweet little grandsons and a third baby on his/her way ... :)

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >