Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Love Peepl (sic)

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BigPeteH
Beautiful Soul

Post by BigPeteH » February 15, 2009, 3:12 am

On Christmas day 2008, I went to see my daughters who were spending the day with their mum, from whom I have separated. I spent about an hour with them that day, before collecting them on Boxing Day for the rest of the holidays. While I was with them on Christmas day, I noticed that my almost 5-year-old daughter Lottie had written something on her leg with a felt pen.

It said: "LOVE PEEPL"

When I asked her what it said, Lottie confirmed the message which I suspected her not yet perfect spelling was meant to convey.

"Did someone tell you to write that?" I asked her.

"No, I thought of it myself," Lottie assured me.

"Why do you think we should love people?" I enquired further.

"Because it feels nice," Lottie replied, with a tone which indicated she thought that the reason ought to be quite obvious to anyone.

I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to benefit from Lottie's pure innocent wisdom and in that moment, my new year's resolution for 2009 was sorted out! :-)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » February 15, 2009, 9:21 am

Welcome to the Peak Pete.

Your daughter is very wise. Children know what is most important in life... it is adults who forget all too often what they knew and how simple it is to love and just be themselves. We all have basic physical needs to live... we also all share one neccessity to living life well, whole and prosperous... Love. To give and receive... there is no greater fulfillment.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. One question... What is the (sic) for?

Janice
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

BigPeteH
Beautiful Soul

Post by BigPeteH » February 16, 2009, 8:29 am

Thanks for your thoughts, Janice.

I try hard to remember those things every day and my children have been a real blessing as they often remind me of how simple it is. Before they arrived, I think I had mostly forgotten.

(sic) is to indicate that I meant to spell 'peepl' incorrectly in the title, as that is how Lottie spelt it.

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » February 16, 2009, 9:55 am

Absolutely delightful, dear Pete! We learn so much from our children and grandchildren too. It's a wonderful habit to write about their bits of wisdom which they share with the greatest nonchalance.

Enjoyed greatly.

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » February 17, 2009, 1:48 am

You know Pete, I can see that on a T-shirt!
'Love Peepl' could be the next smiley face or Che Guevara.
What a perfect message!
Thanks for sharing it and welcome to IP neighbour :)

Mammy xxx

Celtic Warrior
Good Friend

Post by Celtic Warrior » February 17, 2009, 3:57 pm

Wonderful and inspiring stuff Pete! Thanks you for sharing with the Peepl at the peak! :D:

And welcome! :)

kena_quote
Beautiful Soul

Post by kena_quote » April 15, 2009, 2:34 am

hello pete!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story, it reminds me of this quote: "To be happy you have to restore your childhood innocence..."

God bless you more...

qin =)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >