Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Stay Here Awhile

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Laura Sue » November 8, 2009, 3:38 am

This is off the top of my head and from my heart. Yesterday my middle name was "misery." Typically, I went into hiding when my usual methods of self-soothing didn't seem to work.

I muddled through, as best as I could, berating myself for not finding gratitude and other positive emotions. By bedtime I was able to surrendar, grateful for a bed to sleep in even though the sheets were cold, and I was alone there.

A new day has arrived. I am awake, feeling better - hopeful again. A gentle reminder to "stay here awhile" and hold on. There is so much at this site that almost always lifts me up - perhaps the people most of all. I am thinking in song lyrics ... as I often do.

"The long and winding road ..." "I get by with a little help from my friends ...."

With this new day before me I am hopeful once again. I could easily haven given up - for good? Now yesterday is over and I survived. "Here comes the sun .... "

Peace and love to all, Laura (P.S. - wishing you a "Beatle-icious Day :)

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » November 8, 2009, 7:33 am

Sweet Laura,
thank you for opening your heart to us. You are such a beautiful soul. When I read your name I feel somehow how it scintillates ...

No, never give up. We are never ever alone. We are divine sparks and as such we are always able to find the warm embrace of our divine creator.

Sometimes we feel lost, but we are not really lost and just as we are about to despair, a sign, a light, a smile enter our lives to lift us up.

Every new day holds new opportunities ... to love.

May you feel warm and loved.
Hugs.
Margherita :) luv
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » November 8, 2009, 1:07 pm

Thank you Margherita :)

I've been coming here a long time until I had courage to sign up for the forums. Then I forgot my password - maybe?

Due to my current life condition, I'm often isolated. Here I am not.

I do feel surrounded by love, well wishes, prayers - it really makes a difference.

Thank you so much - luv Laura

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » November 8, 2009, 2:03 pm

Laura,
if we all hold hands, not one of us will ever be lost...
Love ~Dave

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » November 8, 2009, 2:07 pm

Dear (((((Laura)))))

You are a very lovely soul and I too thank you for opening your heart to us...

I am glad to hear you are hopeful again...each day is anew and full of possibilities...

you radiate beautiful loving vibes and are a blessing to IP :) ...

love & blessings
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » February 18, 2010, 9:25 pm

((((Laura)))) come hang out more often, friend! :) love Janice~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » February 19, 2010, 3:22 am

Hi Janice - :)

"Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away." ~ Arthur Helps (1813-1875)

Your words have not been wasted. Thank you sooooo much, Laura

Post Reply < PreviousNext >