Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

EVERY DAY

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Michelle
Fellow Traveler

Post by Michelle » March 4, 2011, 4:32 pm

hello all...
this is a short story and in the spirit of messages to receive and messages to pass I share this with you...

Even at the very end of his life my dearest darling husband when asked "how are you today?"
with a big big twinkling smile he would rapidly reply...

"every day above ground is a good day"

Every time the person asking the question as a form of social habit would be left amazed and awed as it was quite obvious he was not long to be with us but his spirit touched everybody that met him and every one instantly fell in love with him...as I type this getting goose bumps and tingles!

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » March 4, 2011, 8:29 pm

I agree with your husband, Margarita, but I put it this way..."Every day the Good Lord Blesses us to live is a good day." It has the same meaning, but for some reason in my mind it just sounds better. I do like the boldness in your husband's response, though.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 11, 2011, 8:33 pm

I had to smile when reading this Michelle because this is the exact same expression my father uses... and if I remember right, my grandfather did too!

Thank you for sharing this with us!! ;)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >