Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Thank you to Veterans

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
ycaruthers8
Fellow Traveler

Post by ycaruthers8 » November 10, 2012, 6:01 am

As this veteran's day approaches, many people choose this time to thank me for my service, but I don't always know how to reply.

This short story happened to me a few years ago, and explains why sometimes a simple "You're welcome" doesn't come out so smoothly.

http://ycthepenandthesword.blogspot.com ... erans.html

The material in the above link is my original work, but I grant permission to share it freely, as long as it is credited. If anyone in interested in re-publishing for newsletters or other publications, I give permission to do so, but would appreciate a comment on the blog site letting me know that you have done so.
Yancy Caruthers
Facebook "The Pen and The Sword"

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » November 11, 2012, 4:19 pm

Thanks for your service.
Thanks for the link and the story.
It adds a bit of depth and personality that most of us miss.
~Zep

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » November 11, 2012, 11:47 pm

I thought of my grandfather's service today and my brother inlaw and nephew who was one of the honor guard today at a memorial for Remembrance Day here in Canada. Wept as the War Mother put her wreath down... wept as elderly eyes swam with grief struck memories and children saluted and wait for their fathers and mothers to return. Life... so many lives lost to save a place for generations.

Very much appreciation for your article shared

Thank you for your service ALL Veterans and Armed Forces today.
In deep respect
Janice~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >