Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Angels among us

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ebullientenigma » December 9, 2007, 9:31 am

My job

I support a woman who has disabilities…or as I prefer to say, exceptionalities. I entered her world in the middle of July. I felt discouraged when I first finished college, because I didn't get a job right away. God wanted me to wait for the right one, I believe. Tears well up in my eyes when I think about how grateful I am to be doing this…actually, to be truthful, a few tears actully roll down my cheeks.

I support an angel, who's wings are broken, but who's halo is shinier and brighter than any other. She's beautiful. The light that shines from her eyes has a more beautiful twinkle than any star in the sky. Her smile mends my broken heart. Divine intervention led me to that moment to meet such an angel.

During the interview that her mom was giving me, I felt my gift was to open up my heart and soul and fill her days with the kind of love I'd want from a caregiver if I was in her position in life. At the end of the interview, her mom told me that she prayed for an angel and I came along. I never ended an interview with tears in my eyes. I was so moved and honored, beyond belief.

Every single time I am supporting her in a moment where she is vulnerable, I climb into her skin and immerse myself in what it would feel like for her. I find it hard to complain about my life, because she doesn't complain about hers. She is an inspiration to me and all who meet her.

I go to work and she kisses my cheek that is her gift to me…..That little gift she plants on my cheek may seem small to her. Little does she know that her life is a miracle to me. She breathes life into my tired and at time discouraged state. She makes me brave because united, we are both stronger. She allows my eyes to see through lenses of empathy and humility. I feel that she nudges me on day by day with a sense of understanding about life and myself. I give her kindness and whispers of encouragement.

As much as I've been hurt in this life, she heals me by her mere presence, in a cold, cruel world. Imagine coming to work and having the stress melt away. Thats how it is for me.

I wish I could tell everyone everything about her, she is a miracle that I would love everyone to behold….but this would be a breach of confidentiality. I can share with you the feelings I get by being with her. I feel humbled and blessed and chilled to the bone that I am worthy to be doing this every day.

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » December 9, 2007, 1:27 pm

Dearest (((ebullientenigma)))

Thanx ever so much for sharing this beautifully touching story...I am deeply moved and my heart strings tugged...words cannot express the emotions stirred with this story from your heart...you are truly an amazing person with such inner loveliness and strength...I am so proud of you for being such a wonderful person that is so giving and caring to someone less fortunate...and your angel is amazing too...your story is an inspiration!!!...

love & blessings
ladybird luv

...when we give of ourselves there is no greater gift...
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » December 11, 2007, 2:47 am

AMEN ladybird!
What a beautiful story.
Thank you for sharing it luv
You've brightened up my day! :) :)

Mammy x x

ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul

Post by ebullientenigma » December 11, 2007, 5:15 pm

The angel that i support is my blessing.
Amen! luv

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » December 12, 2007, 1:02 am

You are each others angels...

And ours also.

Thank you for lending me your wings today,

With love, M
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul

Post by ebullientenigma » January 3, 2008, 2:25 pm

Thank you, We all have the the gift of lifting each other up!

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » January 3, 2008, 5:57 pm

Beautiful and heart-warming story. . . I believe in life there are people who become bitter when negative things happen to them and they take it out on others. .Then, on the other end of the spectrum there are the people who have gone through so many trials and tribulations in life and come out of it with empathy and wanting to give to others - those are the angels - and you and your friend can be counted among them :)
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

Post Reply < PreviousNext >