Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Lessons...

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ebullientenigma » January 5, 2008, 4:48 am

1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.-- Ecclesiastes, 1:18.

I came across this scripture when looking for quotes...I read this and feel that the pain that i've experienced has given me wisdom that has shaped me to be who i am today. I can actually be thankful for my hardships which have given me such emotional depth.

The characteristics that belong to me now have been infused as though a fire has tempered my soul. My sensitivities to others have guilded me to a career path. A career path that has led me straight to being a support worker to an angel. She has taught me so much more than I even deserved to be taught, about life and its true meaning.

Thus, my pain has given me direction. I believe that I am in this moment in time for a reason. The deep pain i've felt has allowed me to feel deeper joy.

Thank you pain, now I shall lend out my hand to others. The chain of humanity is strengthened one link at a time, each time we hold out our hand. "Don't lead, I may not follow, Don't follow, I may not lead.....walk beside me and be my friend"

I feel an intense sense of compassion towards those who are vulnerable......I've been there..........one kind word can lift another up, steady them when their hearts are weak. The gratitude I have for others who have taken my hand when i've stumbled is immense!

I believe in the infinite power of not only listening to another person's words but listening to their emotions and appreciating the feelings that accompany during their current situation.

I believe in seeing others with a gentleness, and hesitency. Sometimes life isn't as it seems, nor are people. When someone is hurting, listening with compassion and empathy is vital to convey feelings of worth, value and meaning to that person. I believe this wholeheartedly.

Our journeys are unique......the path we take and our feelings that arise from our experiences form us into the beings we are at this very moment. Many factors make up our current 'self'. We reflect to the world the landmarks of our life.

My journey, painful at times imparted on me the type of wisdom that cannot be read from a book or taught by others.....but must be felt deeply with the heart.

The road ahead will be filled with many more lessons, I have a long way to go....I feel the journey will make more sense because I've chosen to learn with my heart and soul.

Amen
Last edited by ebullientenigma on January 5, 2008, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

zoro
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by zoro » January 5, 2008, 6:14 am

Dear ebullientenigma :) ,

There is so much to learn from your story .The one that really lifted me is 'my pain has given me direction'. .
You have given such a wonderful meaning to your life events.Blessed are people who come in contact with you

Thankyou for sharing

Zoro-embracing strength :)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >