Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Take A little Light, Here

Beautiful stories written by YOU about a person or event that changed your life, gave you hope, made you dream...
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hawkeye » January 16, 2008, 9:31 pm

Last summer, we were camping at some hot springs along a river in Southern Colorado ... I was making my way down the river's edge, over a tumble of rocks and small boulders ... I spied (with my little eye) a quite beautiful rock, the size of my palm, shining crystals and some pattern that may have been a fossil. I determined to keep it, to take part of this river home with me.

To my left, I spotted a small hot-pot I hadn't noticed before, surrounded by piles of jumbled rock. I had been ferrying a load of camping items, and determined to free my hands to scramble over the rocks, and so set everything down.

After my inspection, I returned, picked up my things, and headed off again. A few steps along, I realized I'd forgotten my rock, and turned to retrieve it.

Spread before me, I saw a million rocks. I laughed at myself; how had I ever expected to find a single rock amidst all this?

My eyes traced the stones, away, upriver; billions and billions of stones, and then the river, sparkling more brilliantly than any stone, meandering into the mountains and valleys beyond.

The stone, the rocks, the river, the sun, and I; it was all one, all connected. How could I have imagined that I might pick it up --- separate one piece from the rest -- put it in my pocket, and carry it home?

How could I have thought, for a moment, that I wasn't already home?

ladybird
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ladybird » January 17, 2008, 9:27 pm

Dear (((Hawkeye))),

...mega thanx for sharing this inspirational moment...it truly blew me away with the sheer serene beauty of it all...you are a gifted writer thats for sure...a very enjoyable and captivating read...

love ladybird luv

...Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the groove, the cracks, the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you...
~ Sheng-Yen
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » March 1, 2008, 12:14 am

I love the way you tell stories Hawkeye.... it's almost like we're sitting next to you around a campfire... can't wait to hear the next one!

Luna5770
Beautiful Soul

Post by Luna5770 » March 1, 2008, 11:27 am

Dear (((Hawkeye)))

I absolutely love your story. I wrote a lot of stories too but on bosnian language and it's hard to translate them sometimes- to express what I wanted to say to people with it. But your art inspired me. Thanx for sharing :D: :D: :D:

:cool: by Luna5770
“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”

Shalini
Good Friend

Post by Shalini » January 16, 2009, 3:56 am

So simple, beautiful and captivating! How often we forget to see the big picture of the Universe in all its beauty around us - you've turned on the light here :)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >