Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Night Stirrings

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » March 16, 2008, 4:36 pm

This poem is in a form known as Rondeau Redouble
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as it was fun to write - MB

Night Stirrings

See the moon expend its glow
Hear whippoorwill with song to sing
Crickets chirp beyond the lights
Bats dart swiftly to new heights

Summer evenings entrance hearts
Breezes waft to calm the soul
Perfumed maidens fill my senses
See the moon expend its glow

Dew drops glimmer on the web
Across the lake dance water rings
Dusk unfolds replete in gray
Hear whippoorwill with song to sing

Mole and mouse arouse the dark
Little vermin’s dance with night
Silent raptor stills their dance
Crickets chirp beyond the lights

In the still and quiet hours
Nature shrugs in sheer delight
As dawn’s fingers grasp the earths edge
Bats dart swiftly to new heights

ZRBollom - 1/10/2002
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » March 16, 2008, 10:39 pm

Well done (((Zane))) a very * eye catching and ear searching* poem... I have enjoyed it several times through! Your talent is growing delightfully... so glad we are the happy recipients!

Love Lion~*LoveBatsThoughBarelyBattyPaw ;)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

summerrain
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by summerrain » March 17, 2008, 12:52 am

i agree. what a delightful read, i enjoyed reading this immensely.
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » March 17, 2008, 5:43 am

Dear Zane,
this is magical, I could see the beautiful scenery you painted and hear the sounds you evoked. I did not know this form but I can see the scheme. Very nice and very well done, my friend.

Thank you.
Love and joy.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » March 17, 2008, 6:37 pm

Thank you dear friends.
I was dabbling around a few years back in another poetry website and someone brought this venue of poetry to my attention. Sometimes what I've written a few years ago jumps up and surprises me.
I think it's always good to revisit and pull out those past aspects of ourselves that didn't seem so significant then, yet somehow can add delight to the present.
Love and Blessings,

Zane
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Post Reply < PreviousNext >