Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

June

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LadySolaris
Beloved Pest
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LadySolaris » May 31, 2008, 1:51 am

June is the cruelest month
Memory moves block by block
Fills cardboard boxes
And sells empty homes

Keeps birthdays in its lap
Cradling indolently
Leisurely parades and sighs
Blows out wishes in puddles

June is the dullest of months
Devious, stingy and filled with naught
Old June knows how to complain
To allude and prostrate

New June caresses roses and orchids
Swallows toads and spits slippery hopes
Then again, it does not know
How cheerful May is blinded by summer

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » June 2, 2008, 6:49 am

Impressive write, dear Solaris. It looks like June holds some disagreeable memories for you.

I love June for many reasons, but I hate it for one: the mosquitos are back coming after me ... :angry:

Ich sehe gerade, dass Du ein deutschprachiges Buch liest? Das Geheimnis der Puppe ... sounds intriguing!

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest

Post by LadySolaris » June 2, 2008, 6:59 am

Yes, June does not hold good memories for me. Usually we read poems that exalt specific months. Thought I would break the cycle. As for mosquitoes ... Ugh, I can relate. Our Texas sized mosquitoes require their own aircraft carrier :D

Ja, Margherita. Ich versuche mein Deutsch nicht zu vergessen. Ab und zu lies ich dann ein gutes Buch ;)

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » June 2, 2008, 7:09 am

Das freut mich sehr, ich tue dasselbe! Habe soeben auch einen Kriminalroman in deutscher Sprache gelesen, zur Abwechslung, die Geschichte war sehr fesselnd "Mit Schirm, Charme und Schokolade" von G.A. McKevett (Savannah Reid-Serie).

We have the Tiger-mosquitos, they were "imported" from the East a few years ago and since then I have no peace anymore during the Summer months. It makes me so sad, that I can't stay on the balcony in the evening hours, where I loved to read till midnight ... Even if I use all the protections I can get, they are always able to find the right moment and the right spot. They do disinfestations, but still they always survive ... at least enough of them to find ME!!

Love and I wish you to have beautiful surprises during this month of June, so that you will be able to love it a little bit more ...
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » June 3, 2008, 12:05 pm

Dear((( Lady Solaris))))... the only day it always is ... *today*... no number, no date, no hour... just today. The sun and clouds travel the sky... squirrels scurry and cats stretch... basil and tomatoes grow in warm pots and grass gets cut... Memories invade... but being loved without end in unconditional measure endures forever!

Love Janice
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >