Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

I would like to borrow

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LadySolaris
Beloved Pest
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LadySolaris » June 20, 2008, 10:45 pm

I would like to borrow
The wing of a seagull
To dance in the cotton
Of the faraway land beyond

I would like to borrow
The genius of a dead poet
To write of love
Without saying, I love you

I would like to borrow
The brush of a forgotten painter
To paint in blue the black
And in red the green grass

I would like to borrow
The heartbeat of someone revered
To feel the warmth
And escape the dreariness

I would like to borrow
The sigh of a contented lover
To enjoy in bliss the life
That I have borrowed

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » June 20, 2008, 11:08 pm

I would like to borrow the imagination of LadySolaris so I could write a poem like this one day... ;)

Very, very intriguing...

~ Ron

PS.... I love the new picture... is there a word written across the sky? (It's hard to tell on my little notebook computer. ;-)

LadySolaris
Beloved Pest
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LadySolaris » June 20, 2008, 11:14 pm

Thank you, Ron *blushing
There are no words in the sky except the ones painted by imagination ;)

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » June 21, 2008, 12:17 pm

This is wonderfully written, but I would say you really are PERFECT the way you are, with all your own creative genius, nothing needs to be borrowed ... we have been bestowed with the gift of direct access to the divine Source ...

but, funny, just recently I have seen on tv a lady who painted in trance guided by the spirit of Claude Monet, extremely quickly she was with that brush ... absolutely beautiful works ... the mysteries of such things are fascinating!

Let's say that I would really love to see the world from a seagull's perspective ... and feel the ecstasy of flight! YES!

Love and hugs.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » June 21, 2008, 7:12 pm

Lady S.
I would love to borrow your thoughts for a moment also, and see behind the genius of your sublime view of life.
You are such a blessing here to each of us. Thank you for your continuing generosity in the gift of your poetic prowess.
Love and Blessings,

Zane
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Post Reply < PreviousNext >