Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Perhaps

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luckintheshadows » February 28, 2007, 10:20 am

There’s a secret on the wind tonight
Floating gently along on it’s own course
Where will it land?
Somewhere in my heart perhaps.
There’s a shadow in the eaves tonight
Stealthily slipping sliding silkily
Where will it rest?
There’s a dream in the sky tonight
Dancing on its own
Where will it stop?

The earth trembles, shudders and sighs
The lovers find their release, hear their cries
The child sobs in her sleep
And the widow begins to weep

There’s a secret on the wind tonight
Twirling and whirling, shaken like a leaf
Where will it land?
Somewhere in my soul perhaps.
There’s a shadow in the eaves tonight
Stalking, snarling, staring, single minded
Where will it rest?
There’s a dream in the sky tonight
Dancing time away
Where will it stop?

The oceans heave, churn and boil
The husband slays his wife, for all her toil
The child laughs in her play
The widow finds a man to stay.
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria! - Calvin and Hobbs

Ames0325
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ames0325 » February 28, 2007, 1:08 pm

WOW!!!!!!!! You took my breath away and I was speechless for a moment. I f you have ever met me you'd know what a feat that is...I never shut up.

This beautiful, haunting, powerful, joyful, and endlessly sad all wrapped up into a tiny moment. This is truly great writing. The end almost made me cry and the jolt in my heart was very real as the poem was finally tied together. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Amy

Post Reply < PreviousNext >