Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Erm..untitled...

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Luckintheshadows
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Luckintheshadows » October 4, 2008, 11:31 am

You can rush toward perfection
and dream your way
back to the lights of reality.
You can pretend the nightmares
don't exist outside
your walls of glass and stone.

You can speed toward redemption
wielding your crosses and faith
lifting fervent prayer to deaf ears.
You can revile the different
pity the mad, love the little children
give away pennies on street corners.

You can wile your life away in idleness
not caring to see the sun shine
or the moon hold court amongst the stars.
You can gaze down from your ivory tower
upon the follies of your peers
believing yourself superior in every way.

How many nights you lie awake
tormented by truth's whispers
tortured by your own hypocracy
pasting on a smiley face
to greet your enemies and your friends
watching time spin by on decaying
corpses, dancing with your fear
of yourself.
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria! - Calvin and Hobbs

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » October 4, 2008, 12:39 pm

A good write no doubt, even though rather disquieting in its implications, dear Luck. Hypocrisy can be detected, because, as you say, it can't even be hidden to the one affected by it. To live in truth and to be coeherent with what we believe in is a goal we should indeed all pursue.

A thought provoking piece.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » October 4, 2008, 8:01 pm

Luck,
what a great write!
More than all else by the time I got done with it I was thankful that I mostly sleep very well :D:
You just keep getting better and better - a pleasure to read at all times.

Zane
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

shortsleeves
Beautiful Soul

Post by shortsleeves » October 5, 2008, 1:50 pm

A wonderful description of the ego blocking the conscious mind and becoming a fragment in the illusion we call life.
Great post Luck.
Hal
Hal

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » October 12, 2008, 9:39 am

To live honestly... to shed fear and fill with integrity and all the cost it gathers... is truly living life in the image intended.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >