Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Happy New Year: I Quit!

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » December 31, 2008, 6:03 am

I Quit!
© 2008 Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D.

Decades half a century’s worth
Of New Year’s resolutions
Dribbled, from my lips
I quit this I quit that
I will not not not
I quit quitting
Start doing
Creating
Being
Me
I
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » December 31, 2008, 2:13 pm

What a fantastic poem fred!

A resounding Amen! ;)

Blessings of peace and light on the wings
of the new year
to you and all at this beautiful peak of inspiration,

Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » January 1, 2009, 6:11 am

Down under it's summer, eh? Here I have about a foot of snow, streets are ice and life is snuggled in for the winter. I am beginning new year looking forward to best year of my life. I have most exciting training event (I am training 125 fire trainers in our state of South Dakota, very, very rural) and am their only trainer for two days. Then I go to New York state to train at their Fire Academy, then to Oregon state to talk to their fire chiefs. If I don't get any more training work, this will be a great year. I lost 22 pounds in 2008 and am going to get to my best weight, about 190-195 this year, goal is not to LOSE WEIGHT but to GAIN HEALTH! Am writing poems and short stories and POSTING THEM, short stories on myspace and poems on IP. This will be my BEST YEAR EVER~ hope yours is too, thanks for encouragement, Fred
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » January 2, 2009, 6:54 am

Great poem Fred!!
LOve your attitude.
Congrats on the health gain and all the other positive stuff coming your way.
You're an inspiration! :)

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » January 2, 2009, 7:08 am

Wow, Fred! This is exactly the sentiment that I wrote about in my blog.

I also, read several other bloggers who have said this in other ways and with other words. The amazing thing is that we are all saying the same thing from around the world. I think this must be an important time!

Blessing for the New Year. Glad you are you!

Peace, L

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » January 3, 2009, 4:39 pm

This is just PERFECT, dear Fred!

Nothing to add, just fully agreeing. I am going through BIIIG changes and I am positive that things will work out fine.

Your enthusiasm is contagious.

Love,
Margherita :xmas:
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » January 3, 2009, 6:02 pm

Fred,
may I offer a big AMEN BROTHER.
A very nice poem.
Thank you.

Zane
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Post Reply < PreviousNext >
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable