Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

wings

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sam
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sam » February 16, 2009, 5:45 am

I thought i never needed anyone
that i was stronger on my own
but you came from out of nowhere
and showed me i belong

i gave you nothing but heartache
and angry front was what i wore
but you took the time to break away
the stone walls i placed at the fore..

i ask myself each day as the stars they glitter away
are you heaven sent, an angel from above
that has come to turn this life around
these words i cannot say but they burn a flame each day
and i want so much for you to know
i am here, i won't run away like before
i use to be so scared of love, thought it wasn't for me
and each time love would find me... i would turn away

but this time there is no escape
and i succumb to your embrace
what a feeling to know that someone ties your soul
there's an echo now in each heartbeat
resounding someone's name
she came without a warning
and took my breath away

i ask that you hold my hand and when fear sets in
help me to remember this feeling and hold on to this love
so i won't weaken and run away
that i will always steadfast stay
by your side and in your life
growing stronger everyday in love

i ask myself each day as the stars they glitter away
are you heaven sent, an angel from above
that has come to turn this life around
these words i cannot say but they burn a flame each day...

[img]
"Thought's the slave of life and life is time's fool"

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » February 17, 2009, 2:11 pm

Now, dear Sam, this is a very captivating poem, because you heard the whispers of the heart and recorded the message with great sensitivity.
You are ready to spread your wings.

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

sam
Beautiful Soul

Post by sam » February 18, 2009, 2:59 am

Hi Magherita,

thanks again for constructive comments. i took to heart your reply to my previous poem and decided to try and open up a bit... i guess one cannot run away forever.

Ja, what more can one really say, this is a topic i can eloquently word but could never genuinely understand...and sometimes faking ones way through these emotions never really prepares you for the moment of truth, when the real deal smacks you upside the head... lol, but what ever may be i choose not to have regrets this year... so i will allow this emotion to sweep over me and flow with whichever direction it leads... this time i will follow...
"Thought's the slave of life and life is time's fool"

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » February 19, 2009, 6:15 am

That's great, dear sam, you see it's always important and worthwhile to dig deeper into our heart's wisdom and to listen and to act consequently.

:)
Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Post Reply < PreviousNext >