Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Return of the poet

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » August 2, 2009, 3:34 pm

Hi, All!

Mia culpa for having been gone for so long. My Mom died in January and I am just getting my feet back under me.

Here is a poem that came during my sabbatical from this forum.

LEGACY

For my Mother, Anne Marie Neas
April 21, 1928 – January 14, 2009

After your death, pages of paper -
yellowed, dog-eared -
are more precious than gold.
Your handwriting filling the lines
so carefully executed - “t”s crossed,
“i”s dotted - each letter an artistic feat
of pen and ink. Reading the words -
your words - I slowly complete the puzzle
of your life. Filling in the blank
spaces where confusion or anger or fear
once held court. Suddenly, I see
so clearly, the connections,
the similarities, and, Oh my, God...
the affinity which binds us, each to
the other. The realization dawns that
you, too, were a woman...fragile...
whose heart could break,
whose dreams could be crushed, yet
whose tenacious spirit still lives.

by Linda M. Rhinehart Neas © 2009

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » August 3, 2009, 3:20 am

Such beautiful, sensitive, insightful words born in your heart, dear Linda! I can understand this so well! I love to read what my mother wrote too, she loved to write and I have a kind of biography written by her. It means so much. Yes, no doubt, there was a time when we looked at them as "superhumans", we knew we could always count on them for their wisdom and strength, yet they too had their fragile moments of course and this awareness brings them even closer to our heart.

What a tender picture, beautiful warm smiles! Thank you for sharing this picture. It is never easy to face this loss. A Mother will always be missed, even when we think rationally and know that the connection on soul level goes on.

Thank you for coming back, dear Linda, you are a most beautiful presence here and I always appreciate your contributions.

Love and hugs.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » August 3, 2009, 4:12 am

Morning, dear M!

It was so lovely to wake and find your post waiting for me. I am smiling ear to ear :D:

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Momma and I. I have a copy close by and each time I see it I smile, remembering how silly we were.

Glad to be back among you all. Love and Peace, L

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » August 6, 2009, 7:40 pm

The realization dawns that
you, too, were a woman...fragile...
whose heart could break,
whose dreams could be crushed, yet
whose tenacious spirit still lives.

Children ... no matter the age, do not normally see their mothers as human... we are supposed to be super human. It is great when they look at us as * super*... but the human part can get lost on occassion.

Glad you are gifted with your Momma's writing to have and understand her more and thus... no doubt... comprehend your own life just that much more! (((((Linda)))))))

love Janice ~.*.~ ~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » August 7, 2009, 1:19 am

Such a beautiful picture... and poem!!! My mom has beautiful handwriting too... and I try to save every birthday and Christmas card she sends me knowing that one day they will be so important. Thank you so much for sharing Linda... I missed you too and am glad to see your smile again!

~ Ron

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » August 7, 2009, 2:58 pm

Greetings, Janice!

You picked the lines that are my favorite.

For years I saw Momma as this superhuman woman who I could never seem to be as good as. Finally, after some epiphanies brought on by moments of clarity, I saw her as exactly what I wrote...another woman whose heart breaks just like mine. It was a liberating moment.

With my four daughters now women, I hope that they will understand this concept, also.

Thanks for writing...I so appreciate hearing from everyone.

Love and Peace, Linda

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » August 7, 2009, 3:00 pm

Hi, Ron!

I am so delighted that you stopped by to read and post to my poem.

Returning here is so enriching and comforting. I really wish I had stayed in touch, but...life does get in the way, as they say.

Thank you for your warm and caring comments.

Love and Peace, Linda

Space
Beautiful Soul

Post by Space » August 7, 2009, 5:41 pm

I am sorry for your lost Linda!
Your poem is very meaningful, at least for me! Your healing energy is imprinted there with beauty on it!

Love
Virginia

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » August 8, 2009, 6:07 am

Thank you, Virginia! It always makes me happy when others find comfort, joy, enrichment or inspiration in something I have written.

May you be filled with gentle peace!

Love, L

Post Reply < PreviousNext >