Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Forbidden City

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arjuna
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Arjuna » August 8, 2009, 4:27 pm

The Forbidden City

On the roof of the world
the land of snows
is marked with intolerant savagery
along with blood drenched landscapes
The disgrace of the holy connection
between heaven and earth
ended in a tragedy for the people

The voices that still know
resound in the forbidden city of Lhasa
They know that the truth is impartial
and nothing can be excluded from the fullness
They are steeped by the knowledge
that unselfishness means relief
and they feel in their heart
that there’s no wisdom without compassion
In the clear light of bliss
they experience an inexplicable desire
to find inner peace and solace
For a nation you can occupy
People can be suppressed
But their spirits stay free

Om Mani Padme Hum

(by Irma Leenman, 28-6-2009)

Space
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Space » August 8, 2009, 7:27 pm

hey experience an inexplicable desire
to find inner peace and solace
Arjuna, your poem made me think abut these words
"people die but ideas survive"

Love and peace
Virginia

Arjuna
Beautiful Soul

Post by Arjuna » August 10, 2009, 11:15 am

Dear Virginia,

I love it really to hear from our fellow readers, what they extricate from the poems. So it is nice to read what this poem made you think about, what you see as the essence of this poem. Indeed, some ideas are understood and remembered, and have a lasting impact. Sometimes something that began as a little idea can make a big difference. I hope that this also applies to people of the land of snows.

Love,
Irma

lupinelinda
Beautiful Soul

Post by lupinelinda » August 10, 2009, 3:03 pm

Dear Irma,

What a beautiful tribute to the courageous peoples of Tibet. I have long been an ally.

This poem touches the dream of so many in the world to see Tibet once again be free. These lines resonate with me:

"They are steeped by the knowledge
that unselfishness means relief
and they feel in their heart
that there’s no wisdom without compassion"

Thank you for sharing your loving words.

Peace, Linda

Arjuna
Beautiful Soul

Post by Arjuna » August 10, 2009, 5:03 pm

Dear Linda,

Thank you for your sincere comment!

It is hard to understand how one can hurt each other like among others the people of Tibet have to endure. An end to the occupation, human rights to be respected, leaving the fear behind (Dhondup Wangchen), these are things that should not be neglected nor forgotten. I think all Tibetan kindred spirits condemn these injustices!

Love,
Irma

Sparky
Beautiful Soul

Post by Sparky » August 29, 2009, 5:27 pm

As Linda said, this is indeed a beautiful tribute, Irma.

Thank you,
Barbie
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows.

~ Helen Keller

Arjuna
Beautiful Soul

Post by Arjuna » September 5, 2009, 1:42 pm

Dear Barbie,

I am very pleased with your comment. I wish this poem could do more than touching the dream of a free Tibet.

Love,
Irma

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 6, 2009, 1:08 pm

May it touch individuals to think personally how one touches another and others and them and they and those... you, him, her... Even for those who think they are peaceable...small private wars rage and devour lives senselessly.

I truly enjoyed your heartfelt poem. Thank you, Irma!
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » September 22, 2009, 7:06 am

Light and truth are immutable and shall never be silenced / eclipsed.
There is comfort in knowing that...

Post Reply < PreviousNext >