Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

The Sunrise

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DeMechele
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DeMechele » September 28, 2009, 11:30 pm

The Sun Rise...

I sat and watched the sun rise
with clouds of pink and white and gold
and the blue was appearing where once was grey.
It was a glorious sight to behold.

I worked the night shift and couldn't sleep
so I decided to go for a drive.
The night was so calm, the stars so bright.
I thought, "those who sleep through this are deprived."

They only see brightness in the heat of the day
and rush about frantically to get things done.
But those that enjoy their lives best, I believe,
are the ones who are up with the rising sun.

There is hope in the last glimmer of twilight
You're at peace with the world, for a moment or two.
Take a breath, take another, clear out your mind.
Sit and watch the sunrise, it is a glorious view.
Dnise

Space
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Space » September 29, 2009, 5:52 pm

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem for our daily coffee!
You bring the sun Rise ..... to the coffee table !!
Great Idea

Love
Virginia :D:

summerrain
Beautiful Soul

Post by summerrain » October 4, 2009, 10:51 pm

i have lived my younger years of being quite a procrasinator. but these days im trying to live life by each moment and thats means waking up to and with sunshine. thanks for the beautiful reminder of the simple things are truly the beautful things. each day is our own treasure to reveal in....
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 5, 2009, 3:51 pm

Dear ((((((dnise))))))

I very much enjoyed this beautiful and inspiring poem of yours...

love from a blissed
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » October 6, 2009, 11:13 am

I so agree, dear Poet friend, a sunrise is a spectacular event and when we watch it we feel the energy for the new day permeating our whole body and soul. (I can't say that I do this often though ..., as I am also a night owl ... a stargazer).

Beautifully expressed.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » October 14, 2009, 1:25 pm

Like Margherita... I am a star gazer... but muliple times I've watched the black shining boldness dim and fade into the brilliance of the rising sun. The solitude in those moments... are indeed peace.

love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » October 26, 2009, 9:49 am

A delightful piece, filled with just enough imagery to tweak one's senses; another day reflects another opportunity for the Hope of Christ to flow within us, as the sun's rays warm our flesh with a new dawn. --Joe
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » October 26, 2009, 8:05 pm

Wonderful poem - I loved it. Very lyrical, visual. One of my favorites lines is this

I thought, "those who sleep through this are deprived."

I've been blessed to see the sun rise as well as the sunset - guess I sleep in between.

Loved you poem!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >