Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Onward soldiers

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » February 16, 2012, 10:11 am

Onward soliders© 2012 Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D.

The ancients old and new
Weave stories unencumbered by quarks
Involving forces deemed to be causal
Till from whole cloth springs renewed
Tales of origins fancied and fanciful
Replete with music that soothes the savage breasts
From which are engendered storied armies
To prove that mighteousness makes righteousness
Till all who oppose lie dead in the streets
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mwzephyr » February 16, 2012, 3:45 pm

(Fred, I agree with you.)
Those who triumph tend to write history even if they do it out of whole cloth.
~The vanquished, and the dead tend to whisper not shout.
The truth is held secret but it is still held, and there has never been a secret that hasn't slipped out on a death bed or in a drugged or drunken stupor.
The slate of history never is wiped clean nor completely rewritten though,
for blood tends to be indelible and the screams of the dead tend to echo in quiet corners even when the marching music plays.

I like the way you wrote this poem.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Davidf » February 16, 2012, 3:59 pm

Fred,
I liked this too. I notice you wrote savage breasts -- maybe you meant savage BEASTS? Good poem, though.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » February 16, 2012, 6:22 pm

david and joyous: thanks, I did mean breasts.............and it's hard to get adrenaline rush for peace, but war.......wow, now that's something worth fighting for!!
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >