Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

One Step at a Time

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
STAReye
Beautiful Soul

Post by STAReye » November 25, 2013, 8:33 pm

[img]http://newint.org/features/2013/10/16/wife-590.jpg

Night never ends
where there is no beginning
dark shadows
blur starry skies
blanketing my hopes
my dreams for a better life
each passing day
I feel the bondage
deep in my bones
shackles sear my heart
no tears to well
I sit in a corner
comforting grilled walls
sharing my incessant pain
someday will come
from the corner of my eye
one spark of light
where my footprint
will make
a new dawn
on freedom
one step at a time.

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » November 26, 2013, 2:56 pm

Leonard,
Such a sad poem, but I know you can make it, if only, as your title says, one step at a time.
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Sparky
Beautiful Soul

Post by Sparky » December 1, 2013, 11:37 am

There is a lot to contemplate in this poem. At first I saw it as sad and tragic, but then I noticed hope. Perhaps the spark of light from the corner of your eye. "Night never ends
where there is no beginning" says to me that you realize that you must begin in order for the night to end. Dark shadows blanketing your hope...no tears to well...a feeling of being trapped and in bondage...all very sad situations, the worst being no tears to well, perhaps. That comes from a deeply sorrowful place inside where so many tears have been shed. But there is a light within, that drives you forward and inspires you to find your way to freedom. I am not sure I interpreted your poem correctly, or if it is meant to be personal, but if so, I hope you find your spark of light and can forge your path to freedom and happiness and no more bondage.

Love to you,
Barbara
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows.

~ Helen Keller

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » December 5, 2013, 8:26 am

An interesting piece; thought that the text was well matched with the photographic image; without hope, all is lost.

-Joe Breunig,
Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

Post Reply < PreviousNext >