Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Dust in the stacks

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » August 16, 2014, 7:19 pm

Dust in the Stacks

Dust in the stacks,
rises as the heat from the morning sun passes the reveal of the Windows opening the conversations and decorations of artists and poets living and dead.
The clicking of keyboards has replaced the shuffling of shoes over floorboards worn smooth with the leather of the stirrings of youth looking for a guide in the wilderness of the lives they seek.
The heat rises slowly as the servers fetch, sort and trim the thoughts we have all been and yet continue to file hoping to make a distant connection with other souls equally conversant on the secrets we have discovered...
Sad though that the voices have become disconnected with the spirits that inhabited them.
Sad that the smiles and frowns and wonderings are lost from view and the sterility of Arial and sans serif replaces the friendship and civility we once practiced and have since discarded in favor of speaking the truth with the finesse of a sledge hammer, all tact lost in the heat of the game that has replaced life with animated warriors aimed at convincing all others of the rightness of their goals and the credo of "take no prisoners".

Whatever happened to hope and sweat and the fulfillment of dreams?

What ever happened to love and passion and tenderness?

What happened to the credo that "actions speak louder than words"?

Lost upon us as the monitor has reduced our "father’s house" into a 12" x24" cursor blinking box, replete with intuitive browsers that take thoughts and leave messages?

The light flickers in the basements and board-rooms as the power company experiences an event.

Then the monitors go dark and all transmissions cease and the dust settles in the stacks.

~Zep
February 11, 2012

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 18, 2014, 8:25 pm

Whatever happened to hope and sweat and the fulfillment of dreams?

What ever happened to love and passion and tenderness?

What happened to the credo that "actions speak louder than words"?

Lost upon us as the monitor has reduced our "father’s house" into a 12" x24" cursor blinking box, replete with intuitive browsers that take thoughts and leave messages?

As always... these thngs await courageous hearts to be true, loyal, faith-filled and full of sheer grit determined integrity upon a screen, within a room, along a walkway or standing in a hallway! It's not all lost... but not all search engines are capable of finding it either! Humanity needs a darn good dusting off! Honesty has to be real truth! Actions... even the click of the curser speak louder than words.... when I hit submit.... it says * I hear you, friend! I hear you out there where I can't see nor recognize your physical voice... but I do indeed hear you, friend. *

Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

jjbreunig3
Beautiful Soul

Post by jjbreunig3 » August 21, 2014, 5:16 am

An enjoyable piece; you brought me back in time, when I attended college (USM-Go Huskies!) and spent countless hours in the dusty library researching, reading, writing and sometimes sleeping.

-Joe Breunig,
Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably. --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

2tait
Beautiful Soul

Post by 2tait » October 10, 2014, 3:06 am

Hope is all we've got!
e.r.offor
emeofor@yahoo.co.uk
There are three things that limit a man:
The ground on which he stands
The thoughts of his mind