Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Storm

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » August 31, 2014, 6:27 pm

Storm

Blueberry blue and currant red skies meld with clouds whipped into a frenzy by the approaching storm.
The horizon is lit by a sun I cannot see and yet like a great fiery wind it would seem the storm clouds are smoke from all that is devoured before it.
The icy spikes of rain are just starting to engulf my world and I recoil from it, yet at the same time I desire to partake of its dangerous beauty.
I must close my window now before the pressure of the wind grasps my throat and tears the life from me.
I shall go underground just long enough to escape the whirling dervish of God as it rearranges the landscape, to emerge when God’s promise is set in the sky in the form of a rainbow just before the sun sets...

~Zep
8/31/2014

Davidf
Beautiful Soul

Post by Davidf » September 1, 2014, 6:31 am

Zep,
From a storm to a beautiful rainbow...what a wonderful ending! I enjoyed this poem very much!
~Davidf
Have a blessed day!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 15, 2014, 8:30 pm

There are promises that allow people to go on after stormy devastations. A rainbow always brings about an awe.... * LOOK!!!*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >