Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Salix babylonica

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Karolina blue
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Karolina blue » December 22, 2007, 4:46 pm

Salix babylonica. . . . weeping willow

Droplets start to fall and purposefully collect
on a willow struggling to unbend, and I wallow
in the dewy mist of its disillusion.

I feel my heart throbbing, swelling as it fills
itself with the demands of self-pity. It floods
my eyes as they burst into ripples of disappointment.

Thoughts labeled Unrequited, Unconsummated, carefully
packed, stacked in musty corners of my mind now
come flooding through.

I demand nothing less of myself than to tread
bravely in this overflow of despair until all the
dust and mildew is washed away.

Until, the sun shines once again, and I am a
willow on the mend.

KB
C/7/28/01
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » December 23, 2007, 1:29 am

My friend,

Such dignity and eloquent grace in these words,

Something inside me says...

Dear Willow,

Whoever said
we should
to struggle
to
unbend?

The withering storm came

And Look...

You
did not break!

You swayed
you danced
You tiptoed with
the winds

And yet your
roots
stayed planted
in the earth.

This river of tears
at your
feet

is your prize.

Your heart
is Bigger
now.

And on the day
when you
realise
the depth of
your Own power

You will look into the waters
and

Claim

the Light
that you
have won.

Blessings of soft light and healing grace, Maithri.
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Karolina blue
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Karolina blue » December 23, 2007, 10:25 am

Thank you, Maithri -- What a lovely reply. It is you my friend, who has the eloquence and grace of spirit. . I literally got goosebumps when I read it. . . :)
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » December 23, 2007, 2:24 pm

You both ((((Karolina & Maithri)))) overwhelm and choke me up with your phenominal writes! What intense beauty from you both!

Love Lion~*InAweToThePaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » December 23, 2007, 5:07 pm

Thank you, Lion. .while I am not here long and have not read a lot -I believe Maithri is a very special and gentle spirit inhabiting this space and time. .

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » December 23, 2007, 6:48 pm

Eloquently expressive Karolina.
A true piece from your heart and thoughts.
I love the willow tree...it always reminds me of a Lion :) with its great main serving as a crown as it claims its place in nature.

Morning Bear
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » December 23, 2007, 7:26 pm

Thank you Morning Bear. . I love the willow also. . I think it is because I was told a story when I was little. Some of you may know it. There are many stories surrounding the weeping willow- -but this one remained with me as I was young and easily impressed - and because I am an animal lover also. .

"Once there was a farmer who had a cat. One spring, the cat gave birth to a litter of kittens. The kittens were too many for the cat to nurse. The farmer decided to throw the kittens into the river, since there were too many to feed. The mother cat, however, was devastated by the loss of her kittens. The cat went to the riverbank to rescue her children, but she was not strong enough or able to rescue them all. She began wailing in grief, and her cries were carried by the wind throughout the river valley. The kittens also cried in their struggles to survive in the torent. The willow trees along the bank heard the cries of mother and children. Each willow dropped its branches to the water. As the kittens washed through, the willows scooped them up into their saving branches. Today we see each spring the reminder of their saving ways. The image of the kittens nestles in the bows of the pussywillow."

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » December 26, 2007, 11:41 am

Welcome to Pip, dear Karolina!

I love your poem very much, there is depth and beauty, even though the feeling of melancholy is so strong.

I also was deeply touched by the compassionate, loving, beautiful reply by our dear Maithri, who really stands tall as an example for our lives.

Loved the story of the cat family and the willow. No, I have never heard it. I love the willow trees with their soft branches, swaying gently in the breeze, like Angels' hair.

I remember in gratitude a willow ... it was a tremendously hot summer night, we were at the seaside and I could not fall asleep because of the heat (it was a dramatic heat wave, many old people died then!!). I sat in a chair on the balcony and watched the firmament move the whole night and .... I reached out for a branch of the nearby willow to use it as a fan ... ever so grateful!!
I will never forget that night!

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » December 26, 2007, 5:08 pm

Thank you, Margherita for your welcome and kind words - and for the tale of you and a willow on a summer's night. . seems they do hold some special place in many peoples' consciousness :)

summerrain
Beautiful Soul

Post by summerrain » December 27, 2007, 1:36 pm

a very dynamic & emotional poem karolina blue very finely put.
and everyone's replies are quite lovely as well.
much love to all these amazing & beautiful souls here at the peak :^
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

Post Reply < PreviousNext >