Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Say it ONCE

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tiglibud
Fellow Traveler
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tiglibud » December 23, 2007, 2:41 am

Manipulating people everywhere,
Never Letting them see me CRY, WHY?
THINK!

THINK!

Think my personal PAIN,
Was, IS, will ...HAS ...Keeping me Sane?
Wasted my YOUTH!
Washed it away, VERMOUTH?

I settled for the MONEY,
HONEY!
In TIME...Walk, Walk, Walk...and RHYM!

Take YOUR test...TODAY?
In...GOD's name...What Way?

Don't second (2) GUESS FATE!
And...by GOD! Never ever show up LATE!

Wasted?
WASTED?
Wasted Attitude!

Prelude!

ONCE ...again ...A - Gain

TRYING TO KEEP OURSELVES SANE!

Once ...ONCE ...ONCE I SAY...

"Have Yourselves a Wonderful DAY!"

Karolina blue
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Karolina blue » December 23, 2007, 10:35 am

There is a depth to this. .the despair is felt through and through- - I can hear this being read aloud at an open mic making it even more powerful. Well done.

One can tell the voice in the poem is a survivor, and I believe that will and strength can eventually overcome the despair. .
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

summerrain
Beautiful Soul

Post by summerrain » January 4, 2008, 4:12 pm

i agree w/ karolina blue, that is indeed an open mic read. i can see these words being spoken very articulately & with much spunk of conviction. it was a pleasure reading your work tiglibud, you seem to have quite a way of expression & such an unique, creative flow.
kudos to you :cool:
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

Post Reply < PreviousNext >