Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Animals We Love

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Look4Hope
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Look4Hope » December 26, 2007, 1:11 pm

Bath Vs God's Rain

Children I no longer have

Five dogs instead grace my home

On rainy days I'm not alone

In some ways they differ not

From that little human tot

Try to bathe them, they moan and squirm

Like a bunch of fishing worms

Let the sky open with God's wondrous rain

They run in and out

And go insane

Without a thought of getting wet

Plays on their mind, much to my regret

Zooming by me quickly

Like that missile they call Scud

Ah, the beauty of dogie mud

Tails are wagging, dogie bliss abounds

While I'm uttering words I dare not write

For I'll be moping floors the rest of the night luv

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » December 26, 2007, 2:40 pm

That is utterly too cute and it made me smile thinking of the scud mud you're enduring.
Even though I don't have any dogs anymore, it gave me a great deal of joy to read and remember.
Thank you
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » December 26, 2007, 3:03 pm

Ah, yes, this was fun to read, the love of animals always goes with some sacrifice, but how much joy they give us!! I have a cat, which is really a maniac for cleanness and I can't complain! And being very playful she provides for a little exercise anyway. I would say our pets do us good.

And indeed you will never feel alone.

Welcome to the Peak!

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Karolina blue
Good Friend

Post by Karolina blue » December 26, 2007, 5:01 pm

It is a fun read- - made me smile all the way through :)
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting."

summerrain
Beautiful Soul

Post by summerrain » December 27, 2007, 1:33 pm

look4hope,
i loved this poem, it gave me the *giggles* the whole way thru.
our feline friends are such a precious gift, i only have one at the moment and must say she is quite the lil priss, so i dont have to worry tidying up for her, i think most days shes sighs in the mist of my spills cause im quite the clumsy one.
but very enjoyable & such a delight!!!!
im going to enjoying reading this over & over again :D
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

ebullientenigma
Beautiful Soul

Post by ebullientenigma » December 27, 2007, 3:26 pm

This was a very fun read!! i smiled and giggled!!
thanks for that light, silly moment!!

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » January 2, 2008, 12:19 am

Dear (((Look4Hope))),

I looooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee it!!!

you are very talented and gifted thats for sure...what an exceptionally delightful and grrrrrreat poem :D (even if I am more of a cat person than a dog person but sssssh don't tell the dogs that...LOL ;) )

love ladybird luv

...Dogs can make about ten vocal sounds. Cats can make more than 100 vocal sounds...
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Post Reply < PreviousNext >