Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Isolation

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » February 22, 2016, 3:17 am

In stormy weather
some batten down hatches,
lock themselves in,
and keep the weather out

Oh woe the weary traveller
whose very last efforts
drag their empty body to that place.

When the storm abates
will the Sun ever shine for those
who unlock their door only to find
a rotting corpse upon their step?

Sparky
Beautiful Soul

Post by Sparky » March 10, 2016, 4:26 pm

This is really sad Lifeboat. :( And yet, when we are in that place, seeking shelter from the storm, sometimes there feels like there is no hope, and that the sun will never shine again, or things won't be as they once were. I am glad you use your talent to touch the dark places as there is always someone who may need what only you can give. Sending love to you my (((friend))). I love reading what you write.

Sparky
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows.

~ Helen Keller

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » March 12, 2016, 11:50 pm

Thank you so much Sparky, I will do my best :)

Sparky
Beautiful Soul

Post by Sparky » June 29, 2016, 8:31 pm

I have re-read this again and see it a different way now. I have dug holes and crawled in them and tried to pull the hole in after me, shut myself away from the world when the storm raged. It is okay to become invisible from time to time if you feel you need to shut the world out. Emerge when you are ready to handle the world again. Sometimes it is necessary for you to have peace and to reflect. But there are places and people who will hold your hand during the storm, if you can find them. This place-the Peak, with you included, have been that for me. You have helped to heal me. In return, I am here with an open heart and a listening ears (or eyes in this case, lol). I hope the storm has passed and that you know you are loved and of great worth.

Sparky

~ Helen Keller

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » July 6, 2016, 6:28 am

Thank You Sparky.
That means a lot and is a great help.
The storm clouds have lifted from my life and I am no longer hiding (hibernating?) but beginning to venture forth. Knowing that you have others supporting you and wishing you well is a huge help.
Writing this was triggered by a hope that countries don't close their borders to refugees in times of crisis but the words describe my reaction to the rough times I was going through.

Sparky
Beautiful Soul

Post by Sparky » July 6, 2016, 1:53 pm

That is very understandable, Lifeboat. I think this is an especially difficult time for people with compassion and empathy. And you are certainly one of those. But as you know, you are not alone. Many of us are struggling through the situations in the world that we can't seem to avoid seeing and hearing about and yet can't do an awfully lot to help with. All we can do is hope and pray that those who do have the ability to effect change in a positive way will do so. Sending love. May you be at peace and continue to give your beauty to the world from your caring heart. <3

~ Helen Keller

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » July 19, 2016, 11:59 pm

I can see several things from what both of you have shared..... but when I read it.... I saw that rotting corpse as a part of me that was.... the one that has been very left behind... rotted with lies told to her trusting self... her own fallibility... the composting hope that simply could never be... everything that is no more.... yet... standing in the Sun.... is the remnant that rises.... that flourishes in spite of all that ever buffetted against her.... as she... as I... scatter seeds of Forget Me Knots over that carcas ... so I never die until I do!

Might sound rather dramatic.... and totally different than the origninal intent of your poem.... but it is quite a dramatic write and that is what it stirred up.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >