Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Physical and mental diets

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Post Reply < PreviousNext >
lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » January 11, 2017, 5:06 am

A healthy mind chooses food for the body wisely, preferring fresh over stale; medicinal over poisonous; nutrition over junk.
I wonder if we are as naturally selective with the thoughts we allow to enter our mind?
I'm not talking about addictive personalities here which I know from personal experience need special treatment to avoid harming oneself and others.
I'm wondering about how much more easily we lay ourselves open to mental manipulation, both overt and covert, than willingly consume something that tastes bad

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » January 24, 2017, 8:45 pm

A while back I came across a quote...

* We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry * No idea who said it.

It clicked in place many pieces of my own life's puzzle. Things I'd not been able to really understand because inside my soul I kept hearing the truth speak ... * are you sure about this? about that?* Just like you know that bag of cheese puffs are not actually good for you, but it says on the bag " made with real cheese"... I know now how a starved heart believes mental manipulations both overt and covertly... WHY? Because when what you serve to others really does come from a list of honest, raw, pure organic emotion in your daily recipes.... When you love honestly with no motive, agenda or cover up ... you just love because you do... Why would you ever consider anyone else would cook with three organic ingredients and 15 chemicals that are carcinogens? When truth dawns it breaks the illusions a starving heart clings to... just like hives from those cheese puffs breaks the lie you ate something healthy like * real cheese*.

Fact is... mental manipulation might sound good to a dehydrated hungry heart... just as a wolf in sheep's clothes looks like a sheep until it starts snarling instead of baaabaaaing... there is nothing like a real glass of honesty to feed the heart and soul. Like everything .... you have to recognize the false you hear or read because it usually always gets listed along with bits of truth just as food labels have beans and red dye #3million on the same label. Life makes us wake up to discern facts and make wise choices. What you swallow at one time and find yourself more starved than ever.... it does allow one to learn to not be as you said.... 'mentally manipulated' in our consumption of life.
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

thelifeofapanca
Fellow Traveler

Post by thelifeofapanca » March 26, 2017, 9:47 am

great quote thank you!

Post Reply < PreviousNext >