Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

Faith

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Hawkeye
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hawkeye » January 14, 2008, 11:41 pm

And that is the truth, as well.

Picture, One Chance, a movie screen.

Displayed across the screen are a thousand monks in lotus position, heads bowed, hands steepled in prayerful meditation.

In the center of them is a man on his feet with an AK-47, screaming horrible incantations of death and terror and murder.

You would assume, watching this scene, that the man speaks for the monks, is perhaps the leader of the monks.

But there's nothing here that says that this man is a representative of the monks at all.

This man is loud, threatening; he activates your primal fear. This is what you focus upon. This is natural; it is a healthy function of self-preservation. It excludes or minimizes other information so that we can focus on the threat.

But there are a billion monks, quiet, peaceful, unmindful of this maniac.

You cannot fault yourself for noticing this man; every person in the theater will do likewise.

But the bigger story -- the more powerful thing -- is the overwhelming peace of the monks.

When I was 16 -- at the height of the Cold War -- I thought that the entire world would be destroyed by nuclear holocaust at any moment. Regardless, I thought that I, personally, would be dead by age 21.

I'm 39, and in the years between, I've met many incredible people, seen incredible things, and hiked miles of spectacular wilderness I cannot begin to count.

Those who scream in fear and rage are always the most obvious -- they are loud, and disturbing.

But those of us who walk in peace are the majority.

We are with you, and you are with us, and we are everywhere.

Did you know that violence in the world is decreasing with every generation? They don't tell you that on the news, because peace doesn't sell papers.

Check out this article, and enjoy!:

Trebissky
Good Friend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Trebissky » January 19, 2008, 2:54 pm

"GOD WITH US"

They issued one of those belt buckles to every man in the entire German military. It was an attempt, whether subtle or not, to make them all THINK it was true.

It wasn't.
SGT. JIRI TREBISSKY H&D SAS
"The mind and the sword are one.
If the mind is right, the sword is right."

Look4Hope
Good Friend

Post by Look4Hope » January 21, 2008, 8:05 am

There are so many wonderful people in IP. They have pretty much covered everything that needed to be said.

You have shown me that the youth of today are not always thinking of themselves. luv The media does play up that part, such as gangs, the "I want it now" generation and so forth.

Thank you for giving me a bit of what I am seeking. HOPE for the future! :^

I have added a few books you might want to read.

The Heart Has Reasons: Holocaust Rescuers and Their Stories of Courage (Hardcover)
by Christopher R. Browning (Foreword), Mark Klempner (Author)

The Courage to Care: Rescuers of Jews during the Holocaust. Rittner, Carol. New York: New York University Press, 1986.

“My understanding of God does not permit me to accept that every bad or good thing that occurs is a reward or punishment. There are times when bad things happen to good people, ... We need consolation, not anger; love, not hate. The God I serve and pray to daily has charged me not to blame but to help.”

Jerome Epstein

Pollie
Beautiful Soul

Post by Pollie » January 23, 2008, 9:26 pm

Dear One Chance Only

Faith in God is about your relationship with him, not others relationship with him. He does not judge you for what others do, nor should we judge Him for what others do.

But remember even if you stray, He will be waiting for you when you need Him.

Love Pollie

Post Reply < PreviousNext >