Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

New Poetry Guidelines - (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » July 12, 2008, 2:12 pm

To the beloved poets of Inspiration Peak,

In an attempt to make our Poetry forum even more enjoyable we've established a few guidelines we ask everyone to respect:

#1: Please post no more than 2 poems per day and no more than 4 poems per week. This helps to ensure a better variety, a better experience for the reader, and prevents any one individual from monopolizing the forum. (And, sorry, there are no 'rollover' poems. ;-)

#2: For every three poems you post, please consider taking the time to reply to at least one other post from a different author - even if it's just to welcome them as a new member or give them some encouragement. (It's not all about us. ;-)

#3: Share your joys too! All poems are welcome at Inspiration Peak - whether they be sad or happy or anywhere in between. But if we're going to share our sadness or anger or heartache, let's also be sure to share the happier moments of life too - at least once in awhile. (This ensures variety and also encourages our poets to be on the lookout for things that might bring hope or joy.)

In the event anyone forgets to abide by these guidelines, a friendly reminder will be sent by one of our moderators. In the event of a repeat violation, you may be required to write a letter of apology to the king. ;-)

Oh... and one more thing.... for every poem you share with us you will be blessed with wonderful karma which is yours to keep and enjoy in any manner you may choose. ;)

With love...

~ Mayor Ron
Last edited by Ron Atchison on July 15, 2008, 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » July 15, 2008, 12:41 am

Just a quick note to say I updated the guidelines tonight to make them a little more clear... (at least I hope they're a little more clear - especially guideline #3. ;))

Thanks for taking the time to read them.

~ Ron

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » July 16, 2008, 3:45 pm

Dear Ron, thank you so much! I fully approve of your guidelines and they are very clear. Now let's hope to have the time to write and to enjoy the poems posted by other fellow travelers ...

Love and joy.
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » July 21, 2008, 5:21 am

Hey Ron, I took a brief Peak Experience vacation (even wrote a poem of that title) to let the guidelines work themselves out. I approve, two a day/four a week with moderator oversight, great compromise, nice work. I stuck on a happy poem too! And as Margherita suggested a while back, if folks answered comments about their poems with PMs and not at the poem site itself, folks couldn't bump THEMSELVES back to the top (I didn't realize that I was doing that, by the way, till she made that comment), but that could be fixed by the webmaster at your end. Nice work, Mr. Mayor! Fred
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » July 23, 2008, 1:19 am

Thank you very much Margherita and Fred... I really appreciate your comments and suggestions and think the new guidelines will be of enormous value as the forum gains in popularity.

Right now it's rare that we have more than twenty people browsing the forum at any given time... but I'm always wondering what it will be like when our little forum is discovered by the masses and we have ten (or even a hundred) times that number of visitors. What will we do then to keep up with the increased activity? I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it... but in the meantime our new guidelines should prove helpful.

As far as the 'bumping up' of one's own post, I honestly haven't noticed any abuse in this area. Private messages are nice... but I actually prefer the conversations between poet and reader to take place in the forum where we can all enjoy and perhaps learn from them.

All my best to both of you!

~ Ron

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer

Post by Liebestraum » July 23, 2008, 2:36 pm

Private messages are nice... but I actually prefer the conversations between poet and reader to take place in the forum where we can all enjoy and perhaps learn from them.
From this point of view, yes I agree with you, dear Ron. The interaction on the posts allows to get a little bit closer and I enjoy always the replies.

So now I will go and express my gratitude on my latest ... let the posts bump up, it does not hurt anybody that's sure. I just have seen on another site that the author's replies keep the post in its place and I spoke just for myself when I felt somehow awkward in certain situations (i.e. not having the time to reply on other posts, but wanting to say thank you on mine ...).

Thank you dear Ron!

Love,
Margherita :)
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

fredcowie
Beautiful Soul

Post by fredcowie » August 11, 2008, 6:04 am

Ron: I have a new self-discipline process, I will put one poem on at a time and wait for it to fall off the page at the bottom of the list. Fred
Frederick J. Cowie, Ph.D. Please visit my website at fredcowie.com, my FACEBOOK(/fredcowie) page where I post my writings and my paintings every day. Peace!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » June 26, 2009, 10:07 am

#2: For every three poems you post, please consider taking the time to reply to at least one other post from a different author - even if it's just to welcome them as a new member or give them some encouragement. (It's not all about us. ;-)

I hope everyone of us takes time to consider just how very important it is to post a reply to the authors who bare themselves on the Peak. When you give so very personally from the core of who you are... when you put your thoughts and feelings out there in vulnerable view... the simpliest of acknowledgements give the greatest encouragement that it is not for naught! Appreciation is one of our souls' love needs.

It is so easy to say * Thanks* or to embelish upon what impressions you have. We should encourage one another much more than is done. Even if you only have time for one or two... think of what it means to you to be accepted, appreciated and acknowledge as a poetic artist.

:) Love from your friendly neighborhood Moderator... Lion~* aka Janice xo
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » November 1, 2009, 6:14 pm

Right now all of this makes sense to me.

Due to "brain fog" I may forget, and hope that the kind moderators will remember that about me.

I'm still slowly reading all of the forums - enjoying them so much.

Thanks to all. Sending love and light to surround you on your journey.

Laura :)

ashu
Good Friend

Post by ashu » July 16, 2010, 7:03 pm

After having Read Guidlines ...
Reflexion ...
I being New to Poetry would Say
It Sounds Best to Me if Poetry could be answered by Poetry...
I would call this Harmonious Feeling...
With time, Minutes, Hours, Days, Years ...
Till Eternity
Poetry Takes Over Human Path to HAPPINESS!
AT LAST.

Ashu

Post Reply < PreviousNext >