Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

unlucky number 13

They say a poem's not really a poem until you share it with someone else. And that's what this place is all about.
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sam
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by sam » October 17, 2008, 12:13 am

She sits alone with all her thoughts
swimming circles in her head
so much has been done and said
no way to go back.
How did things go this far
and how did they get bad
can feelings really manifest
and cloud ones very thoughts

the love she had turned to hate
and destruction lay in her path
and now all that's left
is lock-up in a cell

did she not stop to think
repercussions for each action
or did reasoning really fly that night
when she did what she did

my heart now bleeds tears
thinking of her pain
alone, afraid, unsure
of what the future holds
i know she is frightened and hurt beyond repair
a broken person now lost even to herself

there is nothing i can do, my hands
really are tied
for what she did transgressed a law
and they must decide

i wish she hadn't acted that way
the night she did this deed
for all of this would not be
and she would be so free

I am torn and unsure
as loyalties are frayed
i know that she must be punished
but sympathy has found a place

Liebestraum
Cosmic Dreamer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Liebestraum » October 17, 2008, 2:25 pm

can feelings really manifest
and cloud one's very thoughts

the love she had turned to hate
Very sad, dear Sam. Dramatic situation very intensely rendered.

Yes feelings can obfuscate the rational mind.

Forgiveness will bring peace to the heart.

Love,
Margherita
Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love.
(Rumi)

Morning Bear
Beautiful Soul

Post by Morning Bear » October 19, 2008, 4:46 pm

I have felt that way (sypathetic) at times about a person,
but only to find out later that they were consumed by their hateful actions so totally that there was no coming back to normal for them.
It is sad indeed, when that happens. However, we each make our choices, and if violence is a choice we are prone to, then we have to put aside the thought that for every action we give, thus shall we receive...and so doing, be prepared for the consequences.

Very thought provoking poem.
thanks for sharing.
For me to believe in you doesn't require that you believe in me,...it only simply requires that you know and thus become all that you are meant to be. MB

zoro
Beautiful Soul

Post by zoro » October 20, 2008, 7:44 am

Sam, i love this poem....Thank you

zoro luv luv

sam
Beautiful Soul

Post by sam » October 20, 2008, 11:26 pm

Thank you all for the comments.

Sad to say but this is not just a poem, it is actually a reality right now and the saddest part of all is that the person involved seems to be living in an alternate reality and cannot even acknowledge their wrong doing... so how can you help someone who doesn't even want to help themselves.... ???

Sad Sam
:(

Hollyberry
Beautiful Soul

Post by Hollyberry » October 21, 2008, 11:44 am

Sam,
Just being there has got to help but if you can't be there, pray for her.

Holly
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."

~Willa Cather

Post Reply < PreviousNext >