Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

A Simple Introduction

This is an open forum - a friendly place to meet other great spirits and discuss whatever's on your mind.
Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Laura Sue » October 28, 2009, 8:18 am

Greeting to All ~

I am new to the forums, but not new to Inspiration Peak. I cannot count the times I've come here, searching for words that would hold me up, yet another day. I have always found something and I am grateful, very grateful.

Everyone lives with some kind of obstacle. For me it's Fibromyalgia Syndrome and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Most days I laugh at them - as though I've become a collection of syndromes and disorders. My sense of humor can be dark.

I love words, music, people and although I will find my way around here, it will be slow due to fatigue, blurry vision and an old computer.

Today I feel grateful to be amongst you all - reading the amazing words of others - aloud, and again and again.

Sending love and light to surround everyone - because I do believe it will settle softly on you, like a tender, gentle hug. Hope so - Laura

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lion~* » October 28, 2009, 11:54 am

Good Morning, (((Laura)))) :D:
I've adopted the word, * challenge* instead of obstacle...obstacles are difficult to get around.... challenges take a deep determination to deal with. Sometimes the determination is just to get from hour to hour and breathe! I am one who can very well relate to your life challenge. I've learned that though peoples seperate details are very different... our emotional outcome can be so very eerily similar. The words and stories shared here are a great benefit to many in all sorts of life challenges and great joys. No one ever knows how the words from the emotional depths of soul will impact others. I have been met so straight on by the words of another over and over on the Peak,,, * JUST* when I needed it. I hear this over and over again over the yrs as people come and go climbing through the Peak's shared volumes of life and love.

I hope you truly benefit from not just reading but sharing your voice in the forums. Very glad to meet and greet you here!

love Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

ladybird
Beautiful Soul

Post by ladybird » October 28, 2009, 5:09 pm

Dear ((((Laura)))))

Mega thanx for the introduction and nice to meet ya!!!

I too find Inspiration Peak to be inspiring....

So many lovely people who are also incredibly talented with what they share...

I appreciate the love and light from you too...

Look forward to reading more from you...and stay strong...

love & blessings
ladybird luv
Sunshine surrounds the earth as love surrounds our souls. ~Amethyst Snow-Rivers

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » October 29, 2009, 2:44 am

Good Morning ((( Lion ))) ~ thank you for your welcome message to me. I am deeply grateful for the words you wrote.

If I am brief in my reply, it's because I'm slow at navigating a forum, and figuring out if my reply goes before or after what you wrote?

Wanted to let you know that since I took the plunge to come here, your smile is positively contagious - just lovely.

Wishing you a bright, beautiful day - thanks again, Laura

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » October 29, 2009, 2:48 am

Hello ((( Ladybird ))) in lovely New Zealand! I've only seen pictures, but it sure looks lovely there.

Thank you for taking a moment to make me feel welcomed here.

If I am brief in my reply, it's because I'm slow at navigating a forum.

Wishing you a bright, beautiful day and I will try to stay strong. Thanks again, Laura

Space
Beautiful Soul

Post by Space » October 29, 2009, 6:49 pm

Welcome .. I would bet my name 90% of us are here because of disorders and syndromes ... fibromyalgia (with f not with F, :D: ) was one of mine, but tell you ... Everything is gone with a big smile and laughter!
When you realize what a positive thinking and acceptance can do, you will heal all at once yourself! I bet you! just stick around

I love the sound of your name in English, it is the same spelling in Spanish but the sound is very different ... (my perception!)

Love to all
Virginia :^

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » October 29, 2009, 8:14 pm

Dear Virginia,

Thanks for the warm welcome. You certainly warmed my heart.

I'd love to hear my name in Spanish. My long-gone Mom was of Italian descent and I asked her once how my name was pronounced in Italian - could be similar.

Hope to see more of you here as I find my way around. Totally agree that smiling, laughter and a positive attitude is my best medicine.

Nice to meet you and thanks again, Laura

mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul

Post by mwzephyr » October 30, 2009, 3:12 pm

Welcome.
Hugs and a smile back at you!
~Dave

Space
Beautiful Soul

Post by Space » October 30, 2009, 7:18 pm

Your welcome Laura, we are glad you are here with us.
Mar can help us with the Italian pronunciation of Laura, i am pretty sure it is the same in both languages but let us ask Mar! I insist it is lovely in English
Love
Virginia

Laura Sue
Beautiful Soul

Post by Laura Sue » October 31, 2009, 4:42 am

Hi Dave - :D: - thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm still finding my way around, reading as vision allows and enjoying time spent it - it is so worth it.

Best wishes, gentle hugs and :D laughter, which is my best medicine!

Laura zz

Post Reply < PreviousNext >