Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

What are your three favorite...

Thoughtful questions about life and love.
Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 7, 2007, 11:55 pm

Smells are often very inspiring. Like walking through a rose garden or making choices at a bakery... or chosing a lovely perfume. Your Grandad's shirt or Mom's hand cream... puppy breath! Ocean air, mountain air... roast chicken! Cut grass, lilacs or apple blossoms. We are surrounded yearly with wafts of sensory delights!

What are your three favorite smells?

Love Lion~*LetYourSnifferDecidePaw :)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

summerrain
Beautiful Soul

Post by summerrain » August 8, 2007, 1:44 pm

i love the smell of old spice, it reminds me of my dad. whenever i smell it i feel comfort & warmth. it takes me to a wonderful place when i was little and he uses to put me on his shoulders and i would smell his old spice ;)
i love the smell of rain (hence the name) before and after it comes. something so magical about the rain. it has a certain exuberance to it...
and i love the smell of books. whether im in a bookstore (one that doesnt sell coffee because that takes away from the smell) or a used book store, books give off a distinguished scent. i think its the smell of imagination, where anything is attainable ;)
Life is like a coin,
You can spend it any way you wish,
but you can spend it only once"

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » August 8, 2007, 10:54 pm

Summerrain, I love your reply! :) My Dad uses Bay Rum... always love that about him also... meant no whisker rubs when we were little! ;)

I love the smell of new born babies and their sweet breath... there is nothing like it. How a tiny being can smell so extravagantly that it awes one into complete blissful adoration! It can only be the smell of pure love coming from them.

Crisp mountain air... HIGH mountain air... up in the alpine range with glaciers surrounding the tops and wild flowers blowing in the gentle breezes. That air is astounding and fills me with a peace and renewal of strength. It eases pain and makes me feel home.

My husband's raggedy old jacket... I wear it out with my dogs first thing in the morning and last at night. He is always tucked into bed or long into the night working. But his scent wraps around me in that horrible looking work coat... and I am filled with love poems and songs as I step out.

Love Lion~*MyBabies,RockyMountainHigh
AndMySweetLoveBye&ByePaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Muchoki
Beautiful Soul

Post by Muchoki » August 9, 2007, 4:14 am

I love the smell of mild aloe vera. it is so like a fresh bath it simply changes my outlook on anything and everything.

i love the smell of Lavender for the simple reason that is lavender. it gives me this cool n serene feeling like everything is at rest. like there is no traffic n no people hurrying up and down the streets. like everybody has finally stopped in their tracks and put their noses in the air to smell the lovely fragrance. it's amazing.

those are the only two which really mean something to me.

the third would have to be the smell of freshly brewed coffee.
it simply reminds me to move on and enjoy the little pleasures of life.

:D: :D: :D:
As footsteps shies the front,
preferring the wake to decorate,
my life i pray,
shall acquire similar character.

Indigo
Fellow Traveler

Post by Indigo » August 9, 2007, 4:13 pm

My most favourite smells are freshly roasted coffee,freshly baked bread and the smell of Jasmine in the air. :)

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » August 9, 2007, 11:06 pm

The hardest part of this question is narrowing it down to three... but here goes!

Number one: The smell of baking bread... there's something about it that makes me feel all is right in the world...

Number two: The smell of Hawaii when you first step off the airplane... the way the plumeria flower mixes with the ocean breeze and I automatically feel twenty years younger...

Number three: My girlfriend's hair.... I don't know what she does to it to make it smell so wonderful.... but I love it!

I'd also have to agree with Muchoki... lavender is one of my favorites! I love to roll it between my fingers and wear it on my neck as an aftershave!

And speaking of aftershaves... (I can totally relate with Summerrain).... Old Spice reminds me of both of my grandpas and to this day it brings back some of my favorite memories with them...

I could probably list a hundred more... but it's your turn now! ;)

Ron

sunshine
Fellow Traveler

Post by sunshine » August 11, 2007, 8:02 am

:)
my three most favourite smells are

freshly cut grass a feeling of rebirth new growth
the smell of the wind at a ocean makes me feel so free and i could
fly away to far away places.
the smell of popcorn cooking, brings lovely memories of good times.

thank you for this topic lion
sunshine

spirited
Fellow Traveler

Post by spirited » August 11, 2007, 12:36 pm

What a great topic Lion.

My three favourite smells are:

1. The smell of Jasmine wafting through a summer nights breeze whilst walking through tiny streets on the island of Samos when the moon looked like the biggest yellow balloon...Ahhh

2. The smell of coconut oil- One sniff, even in winter, will transport me to island palm trees, sand and surf and the sound of the sea.

3. Strawberry Shampoo- (for my sweet puppy) Well, Claudia is a 10 year old , Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - my perennial "puppy girl"who loves a shampoo and massage... and "approves" lovingly of strawberry (doggie) shampoo.
Spirited!

dancing-dog
Fellow Traveler

Post by dancing-dog » August 17, 2007, 1:55 pm

I love the smell of cinnamon - it reminds me when I was a child and my Dad would make cinnamon rolls, filling the entire house with a wonderful aroma.

I love the smell of the ocean - sharp & salty in the air with a kind of seaside tang!

I love the smell of freshly washed clothes taken right out of the dryer. Warm, clean and somehow comforting.

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul

Post by lifeboat » August 19, 2007, 1:03 am

great question: tomato foliage when you are pruning the plants or picking the fruit; bacon cooking; and rosemary...

Post Reply < PreviousNext >