Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

If there were no borders, where would you live?

Thoughtful questions about life and love.

Should humans be able to travel and live anywhere they choose?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 20

Ron Atchison
Inspiration Peak

Post by Ron Atchison » October 31, 2007, 12:17 pm

I often wonder what the world would be like if all human beings had the freedom to travel and live anywhere they wanted without borders or unnecessary government restrictions. Does this idea turn you on or make you nervous.... and why?

The second part of this question.... if there were no borders or government restrictions, would you stay put - or where would you move to?

LadyA
Good Friend

Post by LadyA » October 31, 2007, 1:13 pm

I think it would be wonderful... and I also think I would stay put. I like it here.

monickpaulhalm
Fellow Traveler

Post by monickpaulhalm » October 31, 2007, 3:26 pm

I've been dreaming about living in Europe lately. Unfortunately I don't have a visa for working there and would love it if that were not an issue.

Mauricio Jaime
Fellow Traveler

Post by Mauricio Jaime » October 31, 2007, 3:28 pm

The world would be great. Actually you can see there is a tendency in the world towards this idea. The Free Trade Agreements between countries are just a manifestation of the true will of people wanting to roam free. Now we can trade goods with many countries with practically no boundaries. I hope it is just a matter of time before humans can move free with practically no boundaries!!!!

If this was possible I would move daily!!!! It is not that I don't like where I live (Central America) but I wouldn't miss that chance!!!
Javier Jaime

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » November 1, 2007, 12:49 am

Great Global question Ron! :D:

I think it would be fabulous to more readily go anywhere in the world quite freely. I have some very dear friends in several countries I would love to have easy access visits with! Of course with such openess... I would hope that the world community would also be equal and every belly full at night with all children tucked safely into their beds.

The only thing that would make me nervous... is anyone unscrupulous catching a flight anywhere, anytime. If the human heart was always filled with loving kindness I would have no qualms about it whatsoever!

I love Canada. Born and raised in the mountains... it is lovely!... But if I could move... I would pack off to Scotland. I was thoroughly shocked at how overwhelmingly 'home' I felt there 22 yrs ago. It is the only place I have travelled to that I did actually feel home. I had tons of ancestors come from there,but I certainly didn't expect to feel as I did. I have longed to go back ever since. :)

Love Lion~*SinceWeAreUltimatelyOneFamily...Yes!
IWouldLoveToGoVisitMyCousinsAroundTheWorldPaw
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Luna5770
Beautiful Soul

Post by Luna5770 » November 1, 2007, 2:23 am

Yes borders are stupid I would like to live in London for example but it's hard and I don't think I'll ever make that dream come true :(

kestrella
Fellow Traveler

Post by kestrella » November 1, 2007, 10:37 am

The thought doesn't scare me at all. I embrace it. Although I wouldn't move from the area I live because I love it, it would be nice to travel with fewer encumbrances.

One of my favorite quotes from Baha'u'llah is, "The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."

When you view Earth from space, there are no borders.

Mammy
Beautiful Soul

Post by Mammy » November 1, 2007, 1:32 pm

If the human heart was always filled with loving kindness I would have no qualms about it whatsoever!
Assuming we lived in a world where all human hearts were filled with loving kindness and everyone had the freedom to move where ever they wanted, I don't think I'd go anywhere.

Then again, I am already living in a part of the world where I believe I am free to go anywhere I want to go :)

perhaps, if I felt my movements were restricted, I'd be more anxious to taste freedom?

Mammy x

Maithri
Beautiful Soul

Post by Maithri » November 2, 2007, 3:11 am

Thanks for the great question.

Truth be told my friend...

I'm tired of borders.

Love and peace, Maithri
If you cant feed one hundred people. Feed one. - Mother Teresa

www.possibledreamsinternational.org

http://soaringimpulse.com

Sioux58
Fellow Traveler

Post by Sioux58 » November 2, 2007, 6:50 pm

I think it is a great idea. I've often thought that the world is too separate in lots of ways, even within supposedly one country!!

I wonder if there weren't so many rules and regulations would we have the chaos we expect. It would be an interesting experience. Reminds me a little of John Lennon's "Imagine".

If I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose somewhere that has season changes. I really love the changing of the trees.

Sue
Sioux

Post Reply < PreviousNext >