Welcome to our newly upgraded forum! it may look a little different, but hopefully you'll find it easy to navigate and enjoyable to use. There are a number of new features - so please feel free to experiment.

If you've had difficulty registering in the past, please try again, as the new software addresses most of of our registration issues. If you have any questions, please send us an email and we'll investigate.

poetry...

Whether it's an old treasure, a new discovery or one of your own creations, share your favorite quotes here!
Post Reply < PreviousNext > [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mwzephyr
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mwzephyr » May 4, 2010, 4:53 pm

Poetry is not a profession, it is a destiny.
-Mikhail Dudan

lifeboat
Beautiful Soul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lifeboat » May 5, 2010, 4:18 am

Nice! Reminds me of something I heard: "When I awake and find myself further away from my destiny - it's not because it has moved" = Anon

olivia751
Fellow Traveler

Post by olivia751 » August 26, 2010, 5:02 am

Hello,

Nice thoughts....

The only place where dreams are impossible is in your own mind.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.

Regards,
Olivia

Management and leadership

2tait
Beautiful Soul

Post by 2tait » September 15, 2010, 12:03 pm

Nice. What then is destiny? If desiny is predetermined. why do we need our will to get there?
e.r.offor
emeofor@yahoo.co.uk
There are three things that limit a man:
The ground on which he stands
The thoughts of his mind
And the strength of his character!

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 15, 2010, 3:43 pm

It is my destiny to have been born... to live and to die and leave this mortal shell. I am indeed predestined to do this. I have certain talents and abilities that are ingrained into my dna... poetry being one of them... my will comes into play of just exactly I will live out my destiny. I could become a criminal if I choose and be destined to jail... or I could get published and become famous... either before or like many poets... after I die! What I do with my freewill... certainly determines what destiny I have... but all in all... my predestined state to be born, live and die... is set!

I do believe you are asking a great deal more in your query, 2tait. And there is an enormous discussion that we could have about destiny and predestination.

Take the example of King David...destined...predestined from his youth! to be king.... he had many choices his freewill made... he learned a great deal because of his choices... his destiny of being the ordained king was never lost.... but oh my.... what grief and joy his own freewill created in the midst of it all. Our freewill isn't the only factor of getting us through life from point A to B... but it is our own navigation of just exactly how we decide to make it through.

Those are my 2 cents for the day! ;)

Lion~*
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

STAReye
Beautiful Soul

Post by STAReye » September 16, 2010, 11:04 pm

Another penny for your thoughts, Janice. Richer the mind, happier the soul. It's very interesting to take note how you spill your mind to express your feelings on sensitive issues. And rightly so.
Many of us may still wonder what kind of metaphysical maverick thinking..."talents and abilities that are ingrained" you are tossing into the realm of forensic science...part of your "dna". If anyone is into the thought process of writing poems like you do ( and perhaps like myself, and some others), then possibly it will take very little to offer any explanantion about your "destiny" or "predestination" . I recall my poem: "It is Everything" which is all about "poetry", and probably may even look at this poetic journey as a predestined adventure where several doors are wide open, but destiny will guide you to only one open door ( maybe more). It's what is inside of you that becomes so ignited that it forms liquid lava pouring on paper, or on electronic screen, without a fuzzy thought for the analytics of rhyme, rhythm, prose, or haiku, senreyu, onereyu, or whatever. It's just part of you. And you're being guided by the Unknown.
I recall some five decades ago my classroom teacher took the entire class, along with other children from the school, on a bus tour to see a movie called "The Ten Commandments", starring Charleston Heston as Moses. It wasn't so much as what Moses told the Pharaohs about "Let my people go" that left a mark in my mind, but the words "So it shall be written, so it shall be done" that troubled me. And this is what destiny is all about ( at least in my opinion ). Your will to succeed in this destiny is your will to move onwards, always remembering "today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday". The writing is their for all to see.
Your comments are worth more than the penny you laid on the grass.
I hope my two cents are worth it... :) :)

Leonard Dabydeen

Lion~*
Everything In Moderation

Post by Lion~* » September 17, 2010, 12:59 am

My pennies, dear Leonard are worth a great deal more than a wee bit of copper! I consider them a great fortune of important reason! :)

Hmmmm ....
It's very interesting to take note how you spill your mind to express your feelings on sensitive issues. And rightly so. Many of us may still wonder what kind of metaphysical maverick thinking..."talents and abilities that are ingrained" you are tossing into the realm of forensic science...part of your "dna".
Good!!! I'd hate to be so bare that no mystic remains! ;)
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...William Wordsworth

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong. - William Thackeray

The bottom line, especially for my character,
is the issue of unconditional love.”
Matthew Weeden

Post Reply < PreviousNext >